Iowa Tuition Assistance Tax Credit
The state has recognized the need to support taxpayers who wish to support Christian education. Starting immediately, Iowa taxpayers can receive a tax credit up to 65% of their donation that supports families who need tuition assistance and deduct 100% of the gift on Federal Income Tax. How does it work?
- You must owe Iowa state income tax.
- You must make out check to NICSTO (Northwest Iowa Christian School Tuition Organization) and designate it to Unity Christian.
- Download and complete the "Contribution Memo" and send it with the check to Unity Christian.
- NICSTO will send you a letter of receipt for your Federal Tax information.
- In early January, you will receive a tax credit certificate to attach to your Iowa tax form.
Example: You give $1,000 to NICSTO, you take $650 off your Iowa tax bill and $1,000 deduction from your Federal reported income.
Your money will be used for families who qualify for tuition assistance at Unity Christian High School.